The last update to our Terms of Service was posted on July 20, 2020.
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
1. Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
2. We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
3. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
4. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
5. Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
6. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
7. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
8. All of our information gathering and storing practices are in accordance with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal privacy statutes.
9. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
The GDPR was designed to give you, as consumers and citizens, more control over your personal data. FILMWAIVER meets GDPR requirements across all of its services, including FILMWAIVER and all future auxiliary services.
FILMWAIVER compliance to the GDPR?
1. We value the trust and confidence you have put in us with regards making sure your data and information is protected and this is taken very seriously.
2. We have also carefully analyzed the GDPR and have undertaken the necessary steps to ensure that we fully comply.
What are your obligations under the GDPR?
1. For all users, it should be clearly noted that FILMWAIVER is the data processor, and you are the data controller. Please also note that there are specific legal obligations in that regard under GDPR. Whether your company is a data controller or a data processor, we cannot provide legal counsel regarding your company's compliance with GDPR, but do encourage you to seek independent legal counsel.
2. The GDPR does not impose a requirement for personal data to remain within the EU. In fact, the GDPR permits the transfer of personal data to non-EU countries in line with a number of recognized methods, including standard contractual clauses and frameworks such as the EU-US Privacy Shield. Under GDPR data can be hosted and processed in non-EU countries as long as you, or your providers who transfer data on your behalf, have one of the necessary transfer mechanisms in place.
3. FILMWAIVER sets out to working together to keep your data secure and helps make sure FILMWAIVER responsibilities and our customers' responsibilities are clear enough for both parties.